7.11.2008

XXXX Just Joined Facebook!

So I have a small love affair with Facebook news feed- it's sort of like a local gossip catchup dinner with mom, fuel for the fires of jealousy and hatred, and the police blotter all wrapped in to one. My only real issue is that some of the shit is really inane, especially this one-

Hank Hill just joined Facebook.

You both went to Indiana. If you know Hank , perhaps you should add Hank as a friend. See more people you may know.


What, are you now my aunts?
Sally: Matt, the grandson of someone I know from the moose just started at IU
Me: Uhh, ok, what's his name
Sally: His name is Earl Grey, and he's majoring in business
Me: well I'm in med school, 6 years older than he is, and the campus has more students than Marion has people. The name doesn't ring a bell.
Sally: Oh I just thought you might know them

Now I do that kind of stupid shit too, but I always preface it with "I realize you probably don't know them but..." which for some reason makes my question less asinine (it doesn't).

No comments: